Tuesday, February 17, 2009

weekend report

We eschewed the cheesy Valentine's day trappings (and crowded restaurants and pricey prix fixe) in favor of having friends come to visit for a really fun and relaxing weekend. I made many delicious three course things, and have many recipes to blog. Let me just say that wild creamy mushroom soup is like nothing out of a can. We hung out with The Best Friend and her husband, played board games, ate food, talked a lot, and watched funny things. We also went to the city zoo (first time ever for me going to a zoo, very cool) and the science center.

We also watched Slumdog Millionaire, which I loved and would watch again. Yes, I cried. Also, my new dream in life is to become part of a Bollywood dance crowd, or at least replicate some of these moves in a coordinated fashion with TD if we ever have to go to a dance club: