Saturday, December 06, 2008

things i actually say out loud

As we're playing cards, and I'm shuffling:

"I wish I could shuffle cards like Data in "A Fistful of Datas. That would be the coolest thing ever."

Thereafter I resolved not to say the first thing that came out of my mouth, since it's likely to be extremely weird and nerdy. But I seem to have luck with the mens. I think we talked about Star Trek TNG vs. TOS on our first date, and both favored TNG. So he seems to take my nerdiness in stride, since it'd be pot kettle black if he didn't. Unperturbed, he said that at least I didn't say I wanted to emulate a character from Voyager, Deep Space Nine, or Enterprise, which would be truly disgraceful.

Although I actually liked Voyager, and some say DS9 is worth watching. What say you, fellow nerds?