Wednesday, November 26, 2008

action flicks, california love, pork, and thanks

I babysat the first day here, and my six and seven year old are ubercute and tell me delightful stories and apparently do impressions of me in my absence. Today I hung out with the two oldest, a 14 year old and a 17 year old, and we watched Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk. I am full of testosterone! We also listened to Tupac in the car. Damn, I love this song:



So, I loved Iron Man, and I liked The Incredible Hulk well enough, though I never saw the Ang Lee Hulk from 2003. Edward Norton is a good actor and gives the role some moodiness and gravitas. I can't say the same for Liv Tyler, who I find to be too breathy in any role, and she keeps playing the girlfriend. Seriously. To be honest, this is one of the Marvel heroes I knew little about. My brother read Spiderman and Batman growing up, so I know a bit through osmosis and reading the stray comic here and there. Probably explains my love of comics, comix, and graphic novels. Anyway, I read up more on Hulk. His storyline is incredibly convoluted and bizarre. I would diagnose him with schizophrenia. Also, I realize with a shock that superhero movies depart wildly from the storyline.

Tomorrow we're having roast pork, Chinese style, with steamed buns. Aw, yeah! I like turkey and fixings and make a mean pie, but I am very excited about tomorrow's eatin'. This year I have more than a few things to be thankful for, and I hope that you and your family eat a lot of good food and do all that mushy thankfulness stuff too.