more random roundup
1. Passive-aggressive notes. They are awesome!
2. Sleater-Kinney plays Wii Music!
3. A feminist literary critique of that asinine abstinence-only-vampire-love story! She mentions Byron.
4. The school of (cultured) life. "Changing society through culture and literature, philosophy and conversation. "
5. I'm 28, so I must need botox. Gah.
6. Neither rain nor sleet nor snow nor hail, but fuck that if I'm going to deliver more J.Crew catalogs.
7. I will say that The Wire and Mad Men make me very happy.
8. Dang, these party dresses are ugly and expensive. I'm sticking to my timeless dressy silk sheaths from two seasons ago and looking like a grownup, not an 18 year old at an '80s party reliving the days when she was not yet conceived.
9. Article about bad home economics, which cites Dan Ariely's book "Predictably Irrational," which I much like.
10. Axl Rose in the news? Seriously?