Tuesday, October 21, 2008

drek on the presidential race, stealing yard signs, racial profiling, and white privilege/guilt

Or at least, that's the best way I can describe this post, which inspired excellent and insightful comments. I'm still sorting out my own thoughts.

I tend to agree with Olderwoman and Gradmommy, but I always do. Still, good question about whether I would have told the police. Also, I couldn't understand the post at first--at first I thought they tore up the signs, then I thought it was stealing the sign to repress the message, but now I wonder if they just wanted the sign. I can't even begin to sort out the racial issues, if there are any (yes, it's debatable, even if you take the race-infected criminal justice system into account). Very weird, complicated story. Read it, think about it, and comment!