Tuesday, September 16, 2008

oh no she didn't

Frances Bean Cobain blogs!

The teenage years I'm forced to take part of are supposed to be about "finding myself" and discovering what is right and what is wrong. How can i possibly go about doing such a thing if every move i make is under the scrutiny of the public eye. People making judgements about my literacy and sanity! I'm going to be under people's watch no matter what i do because i am the child of a legend. A legend's whose death is almost as infamous as his music. I'm trying so hard to grow up into a grounded and normal citizen, and so far i think that i have done a pretty good job. I'm not going to clubs and partying with paris hilton or lindsey lohan, even if the access to that sort of lifestyle is right in my grasp, i avoid it. I'm trying to establish my place in life and trying so hard to figure out what I'm supposed to mean to this world. A doctor, a musician, a tattoo artist. I mean, does it really matter at this point? I'm 16 years old, i shouldn't have to be faced with these type of decisions yet. Monica from Wisconsin or Joey from Mississippi don't have this type of pressure on them, so what makes me so different. If i wanted to, really and truly wanted to, i could be spending reckless money and doing shit loads of drugs. I'm not. i've never been close. I read college level books because i find that reality is so myopic and unmanageable. I get lost in my head because i don't have anywhere else to turn. I'm not a spoiled rich kid, I'm not a drug infused ingrate who wants to live off their parents money because they don't have the capability to do anything other wise. i'm mostly sane and i've got a clear picture as to what i want for myself in the future. And no one should be judging a kid who has yet to fuck up, or telling me I'm going to fuck up. It's unfortunate that my parents are addicts, it's unfortunate that I'm growing up in a time and a society where drugs and alcohol are a constant factor in everyday life, but I'm above that mindless imbecility. I have yet to really make an ass out of myself, and i have yet to prove those people who think i'm destined for failure right. I haven't done anything to fail at. I'm going to be ridiculed and hated for the rest of my life. For what motivation these people have, i will never be sure, but its a factor in life i am going to have to live with. i don't agree with it nor do i condone it but i will have to coincide with it. I have no other choice, do i?


It's perceptive, mostly intelligent, and sensitive! Goodness, who'd have thought. Her political thoughts are all over the place, but who wasn't at the age of 16. Although, she appears to be simultaneously libertarian, Marxist, and liberal.