Sunday, August 03, 2008

i would do anything for love but i won't do that

In terms of power ballads, I really love Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston, but abhor Toni Braxton and Celine Dion. I have not yet come to a position on the problem of Christina Aguilera, but I will let you know my findings when I come to a resolution. I cannot explain this. All of the singers have powerful, pyrotechnic voices (well, except Toni Braxton, who sounds like she's smoked too much), excessive sentiment a heavy dose of camp, and chest-thumping dramatics, but I really love the former two while hating the latter two. Some things you can't explain. Love is weird like that. And I love Mariah, even though she is a wackjob sex kitten writhing in lingerie in every single video.

I like to turn it up and pace around my apartment while singing along, lip-syncing the highest parts while rending my garments and dramatically clenching my fists. Yes, I need a hobby.