Tuesday, July 29, 2008

breakfast for dinner

I am sick of one-pot meals and cereal. It doesn't seem all that satisfying to eat a couple of bowls of cereal or a burrito and call it a day. Ok, actually it's way satisfying, but it's getting old, and I am not Ms. Voracious Appetite (except for Knowledge and Buffy) these days and need to encourage the appetite so that I don't get the bulk of my calories from chocolate. I have, however, realized that I am very fond of breakfast food, and can eat it any time of the day and don't even have to force myself to eat it.

Doesn't this look delicious? I don't even like the idea of eggs + salsa (much less the blerchy combo of eggs + ketchup), but I actually went out and got corn tortillas. And, mmm, pancakes. Good thing I just bought some blueberries and buttermilk. Plus, pancakes can be frozen, and huevos rancheros can be made quickly on demand.

Any other suggestions? I did not grow up eating fancy breakfasts (mostly cereal). Perhaps I should make a strata or frittata thing.