Sunday, May 18, 2008

Six Sevens

It's summer. This is not that serious a blog. Why the hell not.

This is an old meme, but when I avoid work I read through Amber's archives, and she did one, so why not me? Incidentally, I stole some of hers.

Also, I have no idea why numbers and bullets turn into flowers on my blog. This is not on purpose. I am not that cute.


Seven Things I Plan To Do Before I Die:
  1. Learn how to swim.
  2. Raise a mostly happy and well adjusted child(ren)
  3. Fill up a passport.
  4. Write a book.
  5. Visit at least 1/2 of the United States, even the "boring" states. Hell, maybe all 50.
  6. Read the Harvard Five Foot Shelf.
  7. Love and be loved.
Seven Things I Can Do:
  1. Internet research.
  2. Moderately difficult baking.
  3. Assemble elaborate care packages.
  4. Irritate liberals with my anti-identity politics rants and umbrage with strident messianic activism and conservatives with my pro-government, pro-distributive economic and social justice, more civil liberties than you can shake a stick at platform.
  5. Write really quickly (except for my articles, crap).
  6. Sail a boat.
  7. Blog.
Seven Things I Can't Do:
  1. Park, especially parallel.
  2. Lie, except to my dad, and only to save him from heartbreak that he raised such a liberal, assimilated daughter. (this comes in handy during election season)
  3. Style my hair.
  4. Math.
  5. Not look adoringly at babies.
  6. Eat shrimp or mustard.
  7. Pronounce words correctly out loud, if I have "read it" to myself in a certain way.
Seven Things That Attract Me to the Opposite Sex:
  1. Liberal, progressive values.
  2. Extreme intelligence.
  3. Dryly sarcastic yet silly sense of humor.
  4. Easy-going, uncomplaining nature.
  5. Patience and acceptance, particularly of flaws and foibles. (no nitpicking)
  6. A sense of adventure.
  7. Independence.
Seven Words I Say The Most:
  1. Awesome
  2. Disaggregate
  3. Dude
  4. Normative
  5. Sucks
  6. Albeit
  7. Heuristic

Seven Celebrity Crushes

This is lame. I have some, but this is a lame seven. Better would be "intellectual crushes" and "blog crushes," not that I'd ever admit to that. Well, Amber. And okay, George Clooney and Ralph Fiennes. Now you may psychoanalyze me.