Monday, May 12, 2008

Good News

Not that I was super worried, but now all of my business cards and my signature block in my school email no longer profess falsehood and fraud. I didn't know, when I had them printed, that I had to qualify to advance to candidacy.

Of course, the gist of this message is "Congratulations!! Now you can do more work! Good luck writing that bitch of a dissertation!!"

---------------------------- Original Message ----------------------------
Subject: SJD Oral Exam Results
From: Advanced Degree Programs Person
Date: Mon, May 12, 2008 12:11 pm
To: bellelettre@gmail.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Belle,

Congratulations! This note is to inform you that you have successfully
completed the oral examination and may now advance to the writing of
your dissertation.

Sincerely,

Advanced Degree Program Person

--------

Advanced Degree Programs Person
Liberal College Law School
Liberal College City, Awesome State in the Union
Awesome Part of the Country


UPDATE: Aw, hell, why not add a little fan fare:




Hard to believe that he is now doing stupid family movies, but whatev.

PS: Yes, a good day that ends in a hail of gun fire is exactly what it means to get the good news that you have advanced to the dissertation writing portion.