Wednesday, May 07, 2008

the extent of my election blogging

It is not that I don't care, don't follow it, and am not passionately invested--I am--I just don't want to talk about it. Not until we get to the end leg of the run, and even then, limitedly, because depending on whom you talk to, discussions of politics can be thought-provoking and invigorating, or infuriating and exhausting. I inform myself and vote, and donate and if I have time, volunteer, but I don't think my civic engagement depends on me engaging every dude in the blogosphere or every dude on campus in a long protracted conversation about what is best for our country. I talk about the election regularly with TD, but then again, he doesn't exhaust me by proselytizing or moralizing.

I don't mind if you all talk though. Here's an article on race and gender and the 2008 election by Betsy Reed that has much food for thought.

Hat tip: Ogged.