This is it. I think.
There is still time for you to advise me.
I have been getting lots of different advice, and I am taking most of it into account. Seems that 2.1 GHz is sufficient, while 3 GB RAM is definitely advisable. I am getting a higher rpm hard drive (160 GB at 7200rpm rather than 5400rpm), and a wireless-N card. That cost a bit more. A 3 year warranty should be sufficient, however. Also, since I'm often stuck at airports and on planes, yeah, an extra 8 cell battery is worth it.
- Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T8100 (2.1GHz, 3MB L2, 800MHz FSB)
- Operating System: Genuine Windows Vista Home Basic
- Display: 12.1" XGA TFT, 2x3 Ultraconnect II antenna
- Total memory: 3 GB PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM 667MHz SODIMM Memory (2 DIMM)
- Hard Drive: 160GB Hard Disk Drive, 7200rpm
- Mobile media base: ThinkPad X6 UltraBase
- Media base bay devices: DVD Recordable 8x Max Dual Layer, Ultrabay Slim
- Wireless card: Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN (supporting Centrino Pro)
- Battery: ThinkPad X61 4 Cell Enhanced Capacity Battery
- Warranty: 3 year depot 9x5 Next Business Day
- ThinkPad X60 Series 8 Cell High Capacity Battery
Total cost due to secret sweet deal: $1,464.45 (savings of $768!)