Monday, April 28, 2008

changes in the lineup

Thanks to my illustrious guest bloggers for their interesting and insightful posts. For the illustrious guest bloggers who never blogged, I am sure that your posts would have been just as interesting and insightful. Fortunately, they are all friends, and know I love them.

I'd like to welcome Bryan D. Brown, a good friend and a cool blogger. I am looking forward to having a non-law, non-academic person shake things up a bit here at L&L. You professors are always looking for cool music suggestions. You profs are always blogging about politics and civic engagement but not really getting involved (and indeed, I am guilty of that myself). Well, we here at L&L like to keep it real, and part of that is making sure that there's a multiplicity of voices on this blog that don't all say the same thing in the same way. Okay, actually that wasn't the blog's original mission, since it started out as my vanity project. But now that people are actually reading my blog, I've found that I really enjoy the discussions generated in the comments and in the guest posts. So I'm willing to take a backseat. My ego is large enough as it is. Also, I'm glad to make sure this blog is still as varied as it used to be, and not just a law blog. I'm looking forward to Bryan's posts on politics, music, and whatever!

From his official bio:

Bryan graduated with a B.A in music composition from the College of Creative Studies at the University of California, Santa Barbara. He received his M.A. in Media Arts and Technology from the University of California, Santa Barbara, with an emphasis in Electronic Music and Sound Design, where he studied with Professor Curtis Roads and Stephen Travis Pope.

He works as the chief engineer at 91.9 KCSB-FM in Santa Barbara, and hosts a music show on Tuesday at 9am called NonDescript.

From January 2003 to August 2006, he served as a Director for the Isla Vista Recreation and Parks District, and has served as the President and Treasurer of the Board of Directors of the Santa Barbara Student Housing Co-op. He represented the co-op on the Isla Vista Project Area Committee.


I am looking forward to inviting future eminent sociologist Jennifer Rogers onto Law and Letters eventually, but first she must finish her dissertation. No pressure there, Jennifer.