Thursday, February 21, 2008

Stuff I Hate Because I Am A Hater

Inspired by Jeremy. His list is of five (or 6/7) things he hates most in the world. I cannot play favorites; my hate is equally distributed and my list is expanded. I tag all of my co-bloggers, but Paul Gowder in particular, because he is so deliciously snarky.

  • Harassment
  • The bad hates: racism, misogyny, homophobia
  • Mustard
  • Doilies and anything called "cottage" or "country" style
  • Stuffed animals (unless handmade by TJ)
  • Paris Hilton
  • The smell of vinegar
  • Missing the bus
  • Sticky rails on the bus
  • High schoolers who take the bus
  • Reggae
  • Death metal
  • Clubs where the music is too loud and no one dances and the drinks are overpriced
  • Pantyhose
  • Ugg boots with miniskirts
  • Spiders
  • Snakes
  • Cockroaches
  • Maureen Dowd
  • Talk radio
  • Proselytizers of any religion
  • Our current administration (this is obvious hate--one must hate outside of the box, but lest you doubt my political affinities, on the list it goes)
  • Pretentious, unreadable fiction
  • Durian (I am a bad Vietnamese person)
  • Movies marketed for teenagers
  • Teenagers (except for the ones I am related to)
  • Handkerchief hems
  • Band-collared shirts
  • Punditry
  • Unqualified people who present themselves as experts
  • Sour candy (makes my mouth wince)
  • Fermented bean curd (I do not get my people)
  • What passes as punk these days
  • People who don't read and either 1) don't care to read or 2) pretend to read by buying the books and displaying them
  • Round beds
  • Shag carpeting and those fluffy rugs
  • Dorm furniture
  • Tab, Squirt, Shasta Grape soda (all equally)
  • Being late
  • People who are late
  • Our political system and nomination and election process

I know that there is more that I hate. I will get back to you. There has to be more hate.