Saturday, February 09, 2008

Schneider On Inventories

Whoa . . . hold on there . . . no need to panic . . . I’m not going to be blogging about tax law. I just want to thank Belle for having me, and let you know what an honor is to be a guest blogger here. One of my colleagues and I have an ongoing discussion about people we would like to meet, any level of fame, who are not necessarily obvious to most (i.e. Brad Pitt would not make our list, for example). In other words, someone you'd actually like to meet and talk to rather than only because they're famous. I don't think I would have much to say to Katie Holmes, for example, other than I'm probably one of the few who like her new hairstyle.

For my colleague's husband, it's the guy who wrote the definitive treatise on inventories in tax law, Federal Income of Taxation of Inventories , Leslie J. Schneider. He apparently gets excited when he sees Schneider’s car with the personalized license plate whenever they’re stuck in traffic on the commute home.

My celebrity was Belle Lettre, of course. So, now you can see why I’m so excited about being a guest. Oh yeah, I do like to add a splash of color to my wardrobe to belie my tough guy image.