Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Excitement

Joining a trivia team fills me with such excitement, that I want to polish my mary janes and brush my hair and read up on useless knowledge so that I can ROCK that party. Well, most of my education has been the accumulation of mostly useless trivia and cocktail party banter, and so I think I can safely say that I am SO going to rock that party! That the trivia contest is a fundraiser is even better. That it will be with a friend and will force me to socialize with strangers is awesome, because one of my new year's resolutions was to spend time with and on Real Life People. TD, of course, but I really must hang out more with local peeps and pick up the phone more often.

Also:

This is the cutest post ever, and reminds me of buying those halogram-like foil pencils, or Snoopy ones. I was too shy to write notes. How ironic, yes. I was not so enterprising as a child; possibly I am just not that capitalist and my "homeland's" communism was bred into me. TL, whose archives I read instead of doing real work, would certainly say so, as I am her little commie. But despite being a LBJ type, I have to say, I really protest against the regulatory fascism that quelled a young capitalist's bootstrapping initiative.