Thursday, January 24, 2008

A Modest Update




After the freakout of leasing my apartment before finding a new one and going into conniptions over the thought of paying double rent for a month, everything is settled. I got the rent deposit back, miraculously, did not pay as much as I thought I might have to (as in, total was under $2000) for the new place, and oh yes, I have a new place. And my financial aid dispersed. And books only cost $300 this semester. And my other new expenses were under $500, thanks to some savvy Craiglist shopping and selling. It is a bit pathetic to try to pawn off your life on Craigslist, but when you get $75 for a four year old IPod, well, shoot. That just paid for the microwave.

One day, not too may years from now, I hope, I will no longer have to think and live like this, like some '80s song, hungry like a wolf, a survivor, in a big country.