Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Yet Another Post from the L&L Outbox

You know how some bloggers post weird/stupid emails they get and call it "From the ___ Inbox"? Well, I don't need to do that. My outbox has plenty.

I really should think twice before hitting "send," particularly when I'm sleepy, slightly under the weather, and avoiding work by using the least number of brain cells possible.

Anyway, I actually wrote this to someone of superior intelligence, someone I will call Tax Prof Dude:

I think I will call the mix CD "I Want To Be Your Yoko Ono" even though that's entirely too derivative of that Barenaked Ladies song "Be My Yoko Ono." Ugh, BNL. Man, why did my teenage years have to be during the '90s in the United States? I should have been a teenager in the UK/US (dual citizenship, say) in like the late 60's-70's, man. After the boy-bandy era for the Beatles, when folk rock was awesome, Elvis Costello and the Attractions were doing their best work, and when things were good but before disco. Or otherwise, I wouldn't mind being a teenager during the '80s. My buddy Hipster Law Prof was born in 1971 and seems to be better for it, although it interests me that he finds a lot of 80s songs "emotionally resonant" because it was the soundtrack of his youth. I can't say that I think of '90s music as particularly emotionally resonant, so I feel like I got the short end of the stick. Like, who listens to Gin Blossoms or Toad the Wet Sprocket and thinks "Awwww, yeah! Summer of '96, f'ing A!"


Always think twice before you hit "send," particularly if you're going to be meeting up with a professor person blog reader for the first time.

Ah, well. If they read this blog they should know what to expect.