Thursday, July 12, 2007

Hope This Helps

After all these years, I still like my Agresti and Finlay "Statistical Methods for the Social Sciences" college text book for brushing up on stats. At the very least, you will remember what kind of test you are looking at when you look at a table; and when the p-values or T-tests are significant.

I plan on getting Endnote for organizing footnotes for articles that use the same sources.

Nothing beats Strunk and White's Elements of Style.

Except maybe Diana Hacker's A Writer's Reference.

And the always helpful (to us law geeks) Academic Legal Writing by Eugene Volokh.

Research Design: Qualitative, Quantitative, and Mixed Methods Approaches by John Creswell will probably be useful for my dissertation, so I'm going to buy this.

And people seem to like this: Writing Your Dissertation in Fifteen Minutes a Day: A Guide to Starting, Revising, and Finishing Your Doctoral Thesis by Joan Bolker, a woman who both failed and succeeded at dissertating.

For stress relief I plan to go running and keep track of my routes up the hills of Liberal College. I also plan to bake a lot, and keep up my reading habits.