Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The Difficulty of Holding One's Tongue

Sometimes in Blogging Across America, you meet fellow bloggers who are so cool you want to shout from the rooftops and compose Horatian (or Pindaric) odes to their supreme coolness.

But you can't.

Because that would reveal your geographic location and thus identity.

Damn this pseudonymity.

My lunch date was very cool--funny, kind, very smart and most interesting to talk to about intellectual development and legal scholarship. But with all due respect to his coolness, my dinner date was WAY cooler.

She is, as I was telling Hipster Law Prof Dude, the type of person I would marry if only I had such a predilection. Damn my heteronormativity.

I will not say what we talked about. But I will say that I am a huge fan of awesomeness, dudishness, and oversharing cheap drunks who don't even need alcohol to overshare.

In other words, I am having a fabulous time, and am not looking forward to going home--for reasons I'll write in a later post about The Creepy Landlord.