Monday, April 30, 2007

Happy Happy Happy

After a long wait due to my mixed-up files (more mixed up than those of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler's), I got the committee decision that yes, I am permitted to stay at Liberal College Law to pursue my "Doctor of Juridical Science."

Yay!

I'm really happy with my new faculty advisor (a leading scholar in the field of organizational studies and employment discrimination law), and that my work on federalism will be tangential to my work on employment discrimination law. I'm passionate about both, but it's funny how first loves can give way to new ones. And how much a young scholar's mind and work will change over time. I look at the changes over the past two years in bemusement, and I am sure there will be many more in the years to come.

Just wanted to let you know. Thanks for going through the changes with me.