Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The Blog That Takes Over Your Life



10,000 Maniacs!

Does anyone get that reference? I mean, they're still on tour. But I suppose the bigger question is whether anyone still listened to them after Natalie Merchant left in 1993. Or, more pointedly, if anyone can name a 10,000 maniacs song other than "Because The Night" and "These Are The Days." But what the heck is "jangle pop," and why did someone on Wikipedia classify the 10,000 Maniacs as such? Does anyone else miss '90s adult alternative rock? Did you also stop listening to the radio after, say, 1998?

But anyway, very grateful to you 10,000 Maniacs (said with love, I got nothin' but love) for stopping by and staying a spell. I spend a lot more time writing for this blog than I do "marketing" it by linking or commenting on other sites (just learned the trackback ping thing, actually). But I seem to be doin' okay for myself despite that. Not too bad for an 8 month old blog!

This blog certainly takes a lot of time, but it's given me much more--so thanks to you all for being a part of the journey!

(Requisite Hallmark moment, but you know, in ancient Latin: In meo pectore semper vives)